07 November 2012

Breathing Deeper

...Not until it was over did I realize how tense I was...

...Today, for the first time in weeks, I am free of dread that was the emotional equivalent of a muscle spasm that can act up without warning.  Not always there consciously, but affecting how I lived and moved...

... I told myself that even if my folks got elected it would not be salvation nor if the other folks win would it mean damnation.  And I was right, but I did not really believe it because the knot would not relax.  I could not take a deep breath...

... Today it became clear that, despite ignoring the commercials and pundits and debates and arguments and Facebook posts, the election infected me...

... Perhaps I had a milder case compared to others.  Before it was over I actually thought I was not affected.  Now I know better...

... We were all infected. Our spiritual lungs were clogged.  I could not breathe and neither could you or anyone else. 

... Today mine are better but others are worse.

... Modern politics is a disease.  It will kill us if we keep doing it this way...







No comments: