01 July 2011

Be Patient

Dear Reader,

I know it has been a while, but this is part of the discipline of vacations. The whole point is not to work as much if not at all. Like waking and sleeping, there are rhythms and cycles in our lives. Some are daily, some are seasonal. Backing away from work for a while is healthy for everyone.

(This was, as some of you know, one of the reasons for unions a century ago. At the time, factories generally expected 6 days a week for 10 hours a day, all year long. Workers wore out faster of course, but a steady stream of poorer less educated immigrants made worker well being unimportant to the employer.)

I have been thinking about a lot of stuff, though, and writing is one way to try to organize those thoughts. So ironically, not writing is actually making me less relaxed. In fact, I've seen some columns and blogs that I would love to comment on, but even this post is breaking my promise not to work.

So I'll quit.

For now.

1 comment:

Revwilly said...

What you just said....I feel very strongly both ways!