05 May 2011

Something Sprung Up

Dear Reader,

We have had the longest coldest wettest April ever, sort of "March - The Sequel." This has bummed a bunch of folks, yours truly included.

But yesterday I saw genuine signs we will overcome. The flowering crab is flowering (shivering as it blossoms) and the tulip tree is almost there.

What really proves it is that my asparagus is up.

Two years ago I planted asparagus in my little lazy veggie patch, the one I share with the bunnies and other creatures. We came back from a wedding weekend to see green things pointing upward. They looked like real asparagus.

They were. I cut them and we cooked them and they tasted wonderful. More is coming. And the best part is that they will be back again next year.

Tra la. it's May!

1 comment:

Ruth Bruns said...

Fred, I've gotten a lot of mileage -- and a lot of appreciation from my friends -- for "March - The Sequel."
I've had good times sharing your words over the years, and it's still happening.
Thanks!