02 August 2010

Apologies in Order

I am holding hat in hand this morning because I re-read my post from yesterday and found several misspellings. Actually, they were not mispellings, they were actual words that were missing some 's's to make subject and predicate agree. I assure you I know how to parse my verbs, mostly. All I can say is that I was in a hurry (on my way to preach yesterday) and using a different keyboard than usual. A recipe for stumbles.

Yes, I could go back and correct them, but rather than do that and make you wounder if you were remembering in error, it seemed more honorable to point out my mistakes as publicly as I state my opinions.

Those in power never apologize because some adversary will exploit it for another purpose. (Not to name names, but one is spelled B-e-c-k)

We hear all too often about moral decline, but if we want mere citizens to take responsibility for their errors, our leaders have to do that too, and without calculating the political cost or advantage. Of course, we mere citizens have to 'man up' and ignore the chattering classes who depend on us to salivate when they ring their bells of innuendo.

I am not holding my breath.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hee hee! Wounder? Spelling Police are giggling about misspelling misspelling, too!!! ;D