17 January 2010

Pulling the Covers Over My Head

Sometimes it gets so bad you just want to hide. Not from my work or my family, but from the weird world out there. Watch this, if you can bear it. Bill Moyers Journal from January 15.

If ignorance is not lasting bliss, perhaps it is 'folly to be wise' these days. More days than not I understand Linus' insight from the funny pages. He had many. The one that comes to mind is his protest: "I love humanity. It's people I can't stand."

This program is all about that.

Sigh...

3 comments:

Elisa (Nudelman) Winter said...

I just read the first two paragrapsh of the transcript. Not going any further. There's an stomach ulcer in there, waiting for me. I'm ducking out. Call me a coward, it's okay.

WFW said...

You saw my title, right?
I'm right there with you, babe.

Ruth Bruns said...

Shucks, I didn't get past the headline. I knew what it was going to be. I do that more and more often any more ...