09 October 2009

But First, This Word

Yes, I am back. My brain is still somewhere over the Atlantic, meaning it takes a while for my brain to catch up to my body, which went throughy seven time zones on Wednesday.

That's further than I have even been, more than 1/4 of the way around the world. I was closer to Beijing and Bangalore than Grand Rapids. Very cool. Actually very warm, as Istanbul is a Mediterranean city, near the same latitude as Naples or Barcelona.

Anyway, I took over 1000 pictures (thanks to improved digital cards) and truly stretched my experience inwardly as well as outwardly. It is worth telling you about when I get my head together. But right now I want you to do something different.

I caught on on old NYTimes magazines while flying and before bed at night. One of them was the August 23, 2009 issue which knocked me over. Until I get back, you need to read it, especially the article by Nicholas Kristof and Cheryl WuDunn. So click here, and get to it. This just might change your life.

Tell me what you think.

No comments: