01 September 2009

We'll Be Back After A Few Words...

...from our sponsor of course.

Which is?

Well, take a look at Richard Wright's long Op-Ed in the Times from a week ago. More power to him and them, but this whole God/no-God Creation/ Evolution debate is so 1900. I have no interest in it.

I do know that today is the third of three wonderful days in terms of weather with more to come, that the days are notably shorter and the mornings cooler, that my vegetable garden has long ago peaked and even my sunflowers are wilting, that my porch still needs painting, that work is gearing up fast and I am not ready, that my youngest son is now at college and my eldest on his way to grad school, that I drove over 3000 miles in August and seen half of my living relatives, and that in the next month I will have been to Asia and back, celebrated my 33rd anniversary and spent way too much money.

God or no God, life is rich. I am thankful, and if credit is owed somehow I am sure the creditor knows. I'll resume my rant in a few days.

2 comments:

Robin Edgar said...

Be assured that the creditor does indeed know. It's this thing called divine omniscience that a lot of clergy seem to have forgotten about, even clergy who ostensibly believe in God. . .

WFW said...

I know your experience/epiphany is keenly tied to the knowingness of God. I can only assume you are aware that this was also on the minds of Harold Kushner and Charles Hartshorne, for whom the 'knowing' aspect of deity trumped all other qualities. This, according to them and others, is what defines God. This is too simple a summary, but this is only a comment on a comment on a blog.