05 April 2008

Getting Down And Dirty

Yes, that’s an ad over there. Lots of blogs post them and some even make money from them. But not being a very popular blog, and being a good guy sort of fellow, I have declined.

Until now.

For ten years I have been a minor supporter of The Nature Conservancy. My folks were, and so I became one. Just $100 a year, that’s all. But what keeps me at it is their commitment to preserving trees and stuff.

They sent me this idea, to plant a billion trees, which appeals to me obviously. With so much rainforest disappearing and so much carbon in air which plants remove, this is part of my effort to offset my carbon footprint.

So if you can, send a buck. Plant a tree. Save the world. Easy. And watch the meter to see how long it takes to get to 1000.

Here’s a thought. If you give the first 100 by the end of April, I’ll give the next hundred. That’s right, you have 25 days, which means only four trees a day. Surely you can do that.

I’ll return to the travel stories and tell you about my indulgent purchase this week soon. Right now, this is more important.

1 comment:

Sue said...

I work at the Conservancy and just wanted to say thanks to you and your readers for your support. Thanks for helping us restore the rainforest.